- Created on Tuesday, 30 October 2018 16:13
- Written by Kate
- Hits: 250
Grants Available for Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention
Augusta, Kansas, October 2018 – The City of Augusta provides grants to non-profit organizations and agencies dedicated to providing alcohol- and drug-related prevention services in our community.
Applications for the 2019 Special Alcohol and Drug Grant Program are due November 28, 2018. City Council awards up to $5,000 per grant and will announce recipients at its December 17, 2018, meeting.
Grants are funded by a portion of the City’s annual alcohol liquor tax receipts. Organizations may use funds to provide services related to:
• alcoholism and drug abuse prevention and education,
• alcohol and drug detoxification,
• intervention in alcohol and drug abuse, or
• treatment of persons who are alcoholics or drug abusers, or are in danger of becoming alcoholics or drug abusers.